Sunday, August 5, 2012

jUsT fOr KiCkS

Well hello there reader....how YOU doinnnnnnnnnnnnnn? After a long ass hiatus (almost 8 moths to be exact) I decided to get back on the horse today and share my life, thoughts and inspirations with you.  Now I'll be honest, writing and posting today was so nerve racking for me.  Somewhere in between getting caught up in every day perils that included working a full-time corporate job, still adjusting living in a new city, pondering whether I was in the right place professionally, considering leaving my job, self-doubting that decision to finally saying F it and making a huge decision for myself  I just stopped writing.  My thoughts, inspirations and interests seemed to be paralyzed with self-doubt, fears, insecurities and uncertainties regarding my life professionally.

In early July I finally made the decision to quit my full-time job and got a part-time gig to allow me more time to pursue my styling career (the very reason why I moved to LA).

The decision, once made felt like the best thing I could have done for myself.  It taught me to trust my gut and not to question myself if I was unhappy about something.  I learned that unfortunately you cannot change people or certain situations, but you CAN change yourself, the way you view things and the manner in which you handle hardships. It also taught me an even bigger lesson which I'm sure I'll be learning over and over again through my journey in life.  It taught me that not everything in life is what it seems and there will be A WHOLE LOT of unexpected twists and turns in your life.  It's not the hardships that define your character but how you handle it and what you learn from it.

 Now that I have a bit more time and mental freedom in my life I finally feel a sense of space and peace in my heart to crave and express my love of fashion, art, music, makeup and food.  After all, the reason for the start of my blog was to share my interests in all those facets of my life.  With ALL  that being said I hope you are as excited to read my future posts as I am to share them.  Feels damn GOOD to be back in the land of creation. Much love to all who have supported me through this journey called life. Love Y'all! Xoxo.

 Just for Kicks, I wanted to share with you guys A video that takes me back to a time when fashion was simple, yet had some street flair.  A time when music videos had a budget that defined the term less is more.  A time when style icons where musicians with their OWN sense of style no gimmicks, no "looks" just authenticity to the fullest! I happen to go on youtube yesterday searching for back in the day videos I love and came across this one. Janet Jackson's Pleasure Principle video.  I gotta say this is one of my favorite music videos of ALL TIME! Ladies I know y'all remember this one.....we all wanted to be her at one point.  The choreagraphy to this video was and still is EVERYTHING!!!!! Miss Jackson worked it!!! She did the damn thanggggg on this song and worked the hell outta them sneakers  and knee pads too! Check it out:





What do you know funky, street style sneakers are back in again.  Just this time they come back with a little more pep in their step (pun intended).  From spikes, to gold coatings, leopard printed to wedge sneakers (yes people, you read correctly) Sneakers are back in full effect (for some of us they never f*ckin left biatch)  Check out my polyvore collage below, showcasing some of the kicks I think are funky FRESH 80s style. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment