Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Blogging Cherry Oficially Popped!

Okay so here goes...My first official blog! I don't know why I am so nervous about it.  I guess because it's my thoughts, opinions and comments for the whole world to see.  Don't get me wrong I am a very opinionated person, but saying it in person and writing it down where it's permanently marked is a whole different story.  Anyways my name is Vannessa but most of my online buddies know me as the Buttafly Queen.  It's actually a nickname I dubbed myself about 5 years ago when I was trying to pick a fun name for my e-mail.  I am a fun loving, outgoing, fashion, makeup, music and food aficionado.  I just moved to the City of Angels about 3 months ago from my hometown of San Francisco, one of the most beautiful and most visited cities in the world. Yep, that's my city and a place I definitely call home.  L.A. is where I lay my head for the time being to pursue this crazy industry called FASHION!  Ever since I can remember I have been a tomboy girlie girl.  What does that mean? Well to me it means a girlie girl who loves to dress up and has no difficulties acting a lady, but can get down and dirty with the big boys and catch a game of basketball, football, baseball, wrestling, boxing....well you get the picture.  I was lucky enough to grow up with an older brother who wished I was born a boy so he ignored my gender and treated me like the baby brother he never had.  Due to all the beat downs,  bullying, blackmailing and terrorizing I endured from my big bro I grew up with the luxury of being able to throw a football across the school yard, while doing it with my cutest  pose!! Growing up I adored all the fun that clothes, shoes, jewelry and makeup could bring in my life.  From a very young age (The Madonna "Like A Virgin" days) to be exact is when I can honestly say I was hooked with dressing up and standing out.  The year was 1984 and Madonna a young 20 something had blown up due to "Like A Virgin" single that every girl, teenager and even mother was listening to at the time...there had never been someone so outlandish and rebellious that transcended into the mainstream like she did.  I never really understood that until I was an adult, but at the tender age of 3 I wanted to be her.  At the age of 5 when my youngest aunt did her 1st Communion, I begged her for the white lace gloves she wore to the ceremony so I can cut the top portion of the fingers to wear them with my baby pink pleather booties my mom had bought me for $13 at a local drugstore.  Since then, my love of fashion was born.  So much has transpired in my fashion journey, but I have so much to learn, see and experience in this crazy place called life, so stay tuned in my Buttafly Queen Diaries!!!

2 comments:

  1. ¡¡Qué foto tan Divinaaa!!! Como están tu y tu hermano en esta foto, así han estado en mi mente de Nanny siempre. Felicitaciones "Buttafly Queen" por todos tus éxitos, por ser la mejor hermana, hija, amiga, sobrina , prima etc. y sobre todo por ser la mujer más linda y especial de todas las personas que conozco. Espero que todas tus metas se cumplan y que todo lo que quieres lo logres. Mariateresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love IT!!! Seguí escribiendo prima... I like it!

    ReplyDelete