Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Lil' Easter Sunday fashion inspiration


 Happy Easter folks.  Even if some of you out there are not into the religious holiday Easter can be celebrated by all who believe in new beginnings, transformations and second chances.  Easter is about family, friends and loved ones celebrating life and their blessings.  It means Easter egg hunting, great food and the Easter bunny.  But Easter this year meant a little more to me.  As I have embarked on my new chapter in life living here in L.A. I decided to start attending church (by a suggestion of a friend) to gain perspective, moral and spiritual support within a community.  The minute I walked into this church I felt a warm and welcoming presence.  Women, men and even children were dressed to the nines in honor of visiting the house of worship.  So today being that it was Easter Sunday I was nonetheless ecstatic at the thought of dressing for the occasion and wearing my most colorful and appropriate dress for church service.  When I arrived I was taken aback at the scenery of church patrons and their selection of ensembles for Easter Sunday.  Women were dressed in beautiful, bright colored dresses, suits, and skirts with elegantly embellished hats that completed their outfit to the tee.  Men were out in their crisp, tailored suits with their shined church shoes and handkerchiefs to match.  Little girls had beautifully age appropriate dresses with chiffon, taffeta and lace overlays with detailed hair accessories.  But probably the main detail of the church patrons fashion selections that caught my eye were the hats that the women wore.  Pastel or brightly colored hats with flowers, feathers or jeweled embellishments were the norm here.  (Most importantly) the ladies let the hats be the focal point of their outfits and didn't complicate matters by adding to many accessories or frills to their wardrobe selection.  I for one felt completely under dressed and if you know me you know that that's VERY RARE!  In a time where many people are crazy busy with work, raising children and social lives it is refreshing to see that there are communities out there that take dressing for church a very serious thing and also take into account that they are entering a house of worship where you should not only dress for the occasion but do so with respect and in good taste.  Whether you are Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim or don't have a religion the ladies, gentlemen and children that I saw today at service proved to me that you are never too busy to take some time out for not only yourself but to your society and dress it up from time to time.  Anyways I decided to share with you some hats that I think would be great church accessories on Sunday service or on any special occasion for that matter. Check them out... P.S. Check out my Easter ensemble (undressed) on this occasion.....I'll be sure to come prepared next time for sure!














(And I thought my Tracy Reese strapless dress was cute...Not even close to the ladies' outfits)

No comments:

Post a Comment